Friday, February 8, 2008

Notable Mp3 Players of the Moment

If you love music like I do you probably have accumulated a big collection that takes up a little more space than the iPod nano. I've decided to put together a little summary of a few mp3 players that seem to be pretty notable and space worthy.



Of course i'll start off with the 160gb iPod Classic and unless you've been living under a rock, I am sure that you've seen or heard about it.



Well the new iPod codenamed "Classic" is pretty much the same as the previous generation iPod Video except with a sort of new interface and a bigger hard drive. I'll give it props because is it a bit smaller, but with a 160gb hard drive on board I wouldn't exactly call it thin. There is no ground breaking newness included. The audio quality is the same, although cover flow was added which by the way is a pretty nice feature. The battery life was increased but of course that is the same with any new iPod. My only real gripe with it is that it is not compatible with many of the iPod video accessories and previous models. This bad boy will run you around $349



Next there is the iPod Touch 16/32gb versions. I personally own one of these and fell in love with it until it recently took a nasty spill and the beautiful screen cracked all over the place although it does still work.




This thing is pratically an iPhone with the phone feature. Safari is built in, which believe me is very useful in my college classes to quickly look up information when I don't feel like taking out my laptop. I love that I can quickly access iTunes from this little thing and buy a song if I wanted it 
at that moment.  The YouTube function is also pretty nice but at times can be a little slow but 
that it only due to wi-fi.  Maybe it's just me but, the contacts feature is pretty pointless, along with the calender.  
For one you cant edit the calender without the newer firmware that allows you to do so.  But 
as far as the contacts function mostly everyone with an iPod touch also has a cell phone so why 
would I waste my time putting numbers in my Touch that I can't use because the thing is not 
a phone.  Enough with my personal vendettas with this wonderful device.  The coverflow on this 
is a lot more useful than on the new ipod classic.  Deep pockets only though, this will cost you a pretty penny at 399 for 16gb/449 for 32gb.

MORE TO COME LATER!!!!

No comments: